Monday, January 28, 2013

Vulcan Park- Birmingham, AL

When we moved to the mountain side of Birmingham, one of the first things I noticed was the Vulcan statue. I mean, its hard not to miss, its huge! I really wanted to visit the statue but when I learned that there is actually a lookout from the top, well it was on!

I have to admit, I feel a little bad for the little ones on this day. They were quiet under dressed for our visit and were a little crabby about it. The sun tricked me and I thought it was warmer but once you get nearly 180 ft up in the sky, it can be a bit chilly!

*About the Vulcan- Vulcan was the Roman god of Forge.
The statue is made of all cast iron and was placed on top of red mountain as a symbol of the imaginative spirit of a forging city. 














No comments:

Post a Comment